The Crescent Dunes Solar Energy Project is a 110 MW plant located near Tonopah, Nevada. Once completed, it will power up to 75,000 homes during peak electricity periods.
- 110 MW solar thermal power tower plant utilizing the advanced molten salt power tower technology with integrated storage.
- 25-year power purchase agreement with NV Energy to sell 100 percent of the electricity generated by the power plant.
- When completed, the facility will supply approximately 500,000 megawatt hours annually of clean, renewable electricity, enough to power 75,000 homes during peak electricity periods.
- Closed financing in September 2011, including a $737 million loan from the Department of Energy and private financing from SolarReserve, ACS Cobra and Santander.
- Construction began in September 2011.
- Under the project’s unique development agreement with Nye County, SolarReserve has committed to filling 90 percent of the construction jobs with Nevada residents, utilizing both union and non-union subcontractors.
- The project is expected to be completed in 2014.